Written for major and advanced non-major course offerings, Nutrition, Seventh Edition provides students with a comprehensive, current, and science-based introduction to nutrition concepts, guidelines, and functions. It's student-focused approach provides information about topics and issues that concern them - a balanced diet, nutritional supplements, weight management, exercise, and much more. Throughout each chapter readers will engage with the latest dietary guidelines, scientific evidence, and national standards to help individuals follow a healthy dietary pattern at every life stage.
- Provides updated content reflects the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 22020-2025 released in December of 2020.
- Includes updated Getting Personal features which encourage students to apply their nutritional knowledge to understanding their own diets.
- Incorporates revised food source charts in the vitamins and minerals chapters which more clearly convey common sources for vitamins and minerals.
- Includes revised statistics and data throughout that reflects the current state of nutrition in America and the world.
- Provides the updated Position Statement from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Heart Association, and other organizations.
- Includes new and updated FYI, Going Green, and Quick Bites features which provide in-depth discussions of controversial issues and topics for classroom discussion.
Chapter 2 Nutrition Guidelines and Assessment Spotlight on Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods
Chapter 3 Digestion and Absorption
Chapter 4 Carbohydrates
Chapter 5 Lipids
Chapter 6 Proteins and Amino Acids
Chapter 7 Alcohol
Chapter 8 Metabolism
Chapter 9 Energy Balance and Weight Management: Finding Your Equilibrium Spotlight on Obesity: The Growing Epidemic
Chapter 10 Fat-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter 11 Water-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter 12 Water and Major Minerals
Chapter 13 Trace Minerals
Chapter 14 Sports Nutrition: Eating for Peak Performance Spotlight on Eating Disorders
Chapter 15 Diet and Health
Chapter 16 Life Cycle: Maternal and Infant Nutrition
Chapter 17 Life Cycle: From Childhood to Adulthood
Chapter 18 Food Safety and Technology: Microbial Threats and Genetic Engineering
Chapter 19 World View of Nutrition: The Faces of Global Malnutrition
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan